COSA members formed the cancer survivorship group in November 2012 in recognition of the growing importance of survivorship care of people diagnosed with cancer. Our multidisciplinary Group provides a platform for the discussion and ongoing development of survivorship care in Australia. We recognise that quality survivorship care is essential to supporting the well-being of people diagnosed with cancer and their families.
The Group objectives are to:
- Promote and advocate for improved services and access to care for all Australians surviving a diagnosis of cancer
- Represent the needs of the broad range of health professionals involved in delivering cancer care in the survivorship setting
- Provide a forum for education, discussion and exchange of information between health professionals involved in cancer survivorship care
- Foster research within the scope of survivorship care
- Engage stakeholders in the area of cancer survivorship care to ensure a coordinated national approach to survivorship care in Australia.
COSA Survivorship Executive Committee
|Haryana Dhillon (Chair)||The University of Sydney, NSW|
|Bogda Koczwara (Deputy Chair)||Flinders Medical Centre, SA|
|David Joske||Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, WA|
The University of Sydney and Concord Cancer Centre, NSW
|Michael Jefford||Australian Cancer Survivorship Centre, VIC|
|Raymond Chan||Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital, QLD|
|Richard Cohn||Sydney Children's Hospital, NSW|
Survivorship Group Terms of Reference (pdf, 336kb) - Council approved 19 August 2016