This site is owned and operated by The Clinical Oncology Society of Australia (COSA).
The information on this website is provided for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice, and should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with qualified health professionals who can determine your individual medical needs. For advice or information about cancer consult your doctor or call Cancer Council’s Cancer Helpline - 13 11 20 (for the cost of a local call from anywhere in Australia).
COSA’s website has been developed and written by staff and members of COSA. This includes COSA’s committees and sub-committees. These committees include medically-trained and qualified professionals in all fields of cancer research, detection, policy and support.
All information has been approved by COSA’s Executive Officer. All attempts are made to ensure the most up-to-date information is provided.
COSA’s website is regularly monitored and updated as necessary to reflect changes in policy and research outcomes; and as a result of programs and actions taken by COSA’s committees and sub-committees.
Copyright/Usage of content
The works of authorship contained in this website, including but not limited to all design, text and images, are owned or licensed by COSA, and may not be copied, reproduced, transmitted, displayed, performed, distributed, rented, sub-licensed, altered, stored by subsequent use or otherwise used in whole or in part in any manner without COSA’s prior written consent, except by educational institutions for educational purposes, or for personal and non-commercial uses. When used for personal or educational purposes, COSA has no objection to the reproduction of content or material provided that the following criteria apply:
- content is used one time only, in a non-commercial educational setting. (One written report, one oral report, or one day of educational display is allowed by a single nurse, GP, allied health professional teacher or student for a single presentation);
- an acknowledgment to COSA must be prominently displayed;
- no fees are charged for your presentation using the content; and
- content is not altered, linked to, reused, further reproduced, or distributed.
- Content is not to be reproduced for use on a web page or with any online service or application.
Links to other sites
COSA provides links on the website to other websites that are not under its control. While we only link to sites we believe offer credible and responsible information, we cannot guarantee this information is correct, up-to-date or evidence-based medical information. COSA is not responsible for the contents of any linked website, or any link contained in a linked website, or any changes or updates to such websites.
These links are provided for convenience of reference only and are not intended as an endorsement by COSA of the organisation or individual operating the website.
Sites linking to COSA
COSA may grant the owner of an approved website permission to use a hypertext link on his or her website provided that the following criteria apply:
1. any text-only link must clearly be identified 'The Clinical Oncology Society of Australia’;
2. the link must 'point' to the URL www.cosa.org.au and not to other pages within the website;
3. the appearance, position and other aspects of either the link or the host website may not be such as to damage or dilute the good reputation of COSA; and
4. the appearance, position and other aspects of either the link or the host website may not create the false appearance that COSA is associated with or sponsors the host website.
COSA reserves the right to revoke its consent to the link at any time and is not responsible for the information or materials contained on the host website.
COSA pays for all costs associated with this website. COSA does not accept advertising on its site.